This product has a minimum quantity of 1
Polaris FM/AM radio with flashlight and mobile phone charger
Unit Price: $22.50
The solar and wind-up Polaris is a radio, flashlight and a mobile phone charger, designed for families or small groups. A portable and tough rubberized radio, it delivers essential, life-saving information in humanitarian emergencies.
When disasters strike, people need information. They need to know what to do and where to go to get help. They need contact with the outside world. A flashlight/torch provides light at night. It also has a cell charging feature which enables a phone to be topped up.
The Polaris is an essential item for families in an emergency or disaster.
Polaris radio can be charged via
- Solar panel
- Wind-up dynamo
- DC power
· 1W LED light
Mobile phone charger: provides enough charge to make a call or send an sms
|Battery Type||300 mAh rechargeable Lithium battery|
|Power Source||Solar panel: Integrated 0.15 Watt polycrystalline solar panel with epoxy encapsulation
Hand crank: Direct drive spur gear transmission driving a high power 3-phase alternator with high efficiency reticulation
External power: AC/DC recharge with 2,5
|Size||Height = 60 mm
Width = 128 mm
Depth = 45 mm
|Weight (lbs)||0.61 lbs|
|Lumen Output||1W LED light|
|Speaker||0,5W 8 Ohm speaker|
|Antenna||FM: telescopic antenna|
|Frequencies||FM 88-108 Mhz
AM 520—1710 kHz
- City: London
- Description: Lifeline Technologies, an award winning social enterprise, designs and manufactures solar and wind-up MP3 players and radios exclusively for the aid and humanitarian sector. Our range of fit-for-purpose products provides 24/7 access to information, news and education any time, anywhere. Robustly engineered to perform in harsh conditions, our products are designed specifically for the market they serve with input from end-users. Our MP3 players and radios are used widely in classrooms, clinics, community centres, and by listening groups and farming collectives. We also offer a range of power-independent portable radio-lights that provide information access, light and cell-charging for families and small groups. These are used in humanitarian emergencies and natural disasters around the world. Lifeline has a long-term arrangement with UNICEF and the wider U.N. and is an approved U.S. government supplier. Lifeline Technologies is a UK for-profit social enterprise, majority owned by Lifeline Energy, a US 501 (c) (3) charity established in 1999. Profits accrue to Lifeline Energy, in support of its charitable activities benefitting vulnerable and at-risk populations in Africa. Since 1999 around 600,000 of our products have been distributed reaching many millions of listeners. Through our close partnership with Lifeline Energy, we provide unequalled support to the humanitarian sector, with a proven track record in logistics, distribution and implementation of projects. Lifeline Energy’s 17 years’ experience in the field gives us unique insight into how best to design and distribute products for maximum impact in the market we serve. We have a deep understanding of the challenges of information access and energy poverty, and the complexity that this brings to both relief and development efforts. Lifeline provides comprehensive training support in the use and care of our products at no charge which can be arranged via Skype or in-person, depending on the project’s size
- Product Categories: Mobile Technology
- Company Type: For profit
- Annual Revenue: $500,000 - $1,999,999
- Office Locations: South Africa
- D-U-N-S Number: 832674241000 (Lifeline Energy)
- Manufacturing Locations: China
- Ships From: Hong Kong
- Total products: 7
Lifeline’s units are manufactured to the highest
standards of performance in ISO 9000 rated factories and are third party
independently tested prior to leaving the factory.
Our units come with a limited one year warranty
for any manufacturing defect or manufacturing malfunction.
being bound to this warranty, Lifeline shall have the option to inspect the
defective unit to determine whether its failure is indeed as a consequence of a
manufacturing defect or manufacturing malfunction. Only upon Lifeline being
satisfied that the defect complained about is indeed as a result of a
manufacturing defect or manufacturing malfunction will Lifeline then be bound
by this warranty. Photos or video footage are helpful to determine the problem.
In the event that the failure of the defective unit arises from a manufacturing
defect or manufacturing malfunction, Lifeline will repair and/or replace the
defective part(s) at no charge. Should there be a problem within the first year
of receipt of products please contact us immediately and we will deal with any problems on a case-by-case basis. We take any
malfunction seriously and will address the issue as a priority.
Kindly note however that this warranty
does not cover any transportation costs, and/or liability for any
direct, indirect, punitive or consequential damages which may arise from
any incorrect use, storage or handling of the unit(s) by the purchaser. In such a situation, Lifeline will advise the purchaser on how to best repair units damaged by user mishandling, which repairs shall be for the costs of the purchaser.
provides a comprehensive training support in the use and care of our products
at no additional charge. This can be arranged via Skype or in-person,
depending on the size and scale of the project. Products come with
English language pictorial instructions and can be customized in other