This product has a minimum quantity of 1
Unit Price: $50.00
MOQ : 0 This is the typical minimum quantity necessary to order this product. If a quote request below the MOQ is submitted, we may not be able to provide you with a quote.
Price is for 150 packets/box.
Plumpy’Sup is used to rehabilitate children six months to five years of age who are diagnosed with moderate acute malnutrition. Moderate acute malnutrition should be diagnosed using a weight-for-height z score between 2SD and 3SD or mid-upper arm circumference of 11.5 cm to <12.5 cm. To ensure a regular supply, reliable treatment, nutrition monitoring and monthly follow up care, Plumpy’Sup should be distributed through a structured and ongoing nutrition program.
Plumpy'Sup is commonly part of targeted feeding supplementation programs and is frequently used in emergency situations.
RUSF is not meant to replace a child’s diet, but to supplement it with necessary micro and macro nutrients for recovery. The average child receives one 100 gram package per day for 7-10 weeks.
NOTE: Plumpy’Sup is not labeled or intended for use in the United States.
- City: North Kingstown
- Description: Edesia is a unique non-profit organization that manufactures specialized ready-to-use foods (RUFs) that treat and prevent malnutrition in the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our Mandates1.) Produce high-quality ready-to-use foods (currently Plumpy'Nut (RUTF) ®, Plumpy'Sup (RUSF) ™, Plumpy'Doz™, Enov'Nutributter®, Enov'Mum®) for humanitarian organizations and non-profits.2.) Collaborate on research and development to improve distribution systems and optimize the use of ready-to-use Foods.3.) Support local producers of ready-to-use foods in the developing world.4.) Engage in educational efforts and direct advocacy to raise the profile of global malnutrition in the United States.Each year millions of "miracle packets" leave Edesia’s Rhode Island factory and are delivered into the hands of malnourished children all over the world by humanitarian aid workers working in the hardest-to-reach and most inhospitable places on the planet.
- Product Categories: Medical & Wellness
- Company Type: Non-profit
- Annual Revenue: $10,000,000 +
- Office Locations: United States
- D-U-N-S Number: 832875335
- Company has experience shipping containers: Yes
- Manufacturing Locations: United States
- Ships From: United States
- Total products: 5
Third party tests
|Certified Laboratories, Inc.||certified-laboratories.com/||Plumpy'Sup.pdf|
Delivery date and time
Delivery times and dates identified on Sales Contract are estimates only. Supplier warrants only to make reasonable efforts to deliver Products on
or prior to the estimated delivery date. Failure to deliver Products within the estimated time period shall not under any circumstances constitute a
breach by the Supplier of any term herein.
4.2 - Passing of risk
All products shipped under this Sales Contract shall be shipped under ICC Incoterms 2010. Risks of loss and damage of the Products pass from the
Supplier to the Buyer at the point determined therein.
Warranty - Liability
The Supplier warrants that the Products comply with its commercial specifications and the regulations applicable in its country of origin. The Buyer
is solely liable for receiving, storing and using the Products according to the specifications and regulations applicable in the import country.
Any claim relating to defective or non-compliant Products must be made immediately and confirmed to the Supplier in writing and with photo
documentation within a maximum of seven (7) days after the Products have been delivered to the Buyer. Products cannot be returned without the
written authorization of the Supplier.
These provisions apply subject to the provisions of Article 4 “Transport - Delivery - Delivery times”. Thus, the Buyer loses all right of resort if it fails
to notify the Carrier of any visible damages at the time of delivery of the Products.
If the Products are recognized to be defective or non-compliant after being examined by both Parties, the Supplier can choose, at its sole
discretion, to replace such defective or non-compliant Products or reimburse the cost of these Products, to the exclusion of all other liability or
compensation of any kind whatsoever.