This product has a minimum quantity of 1
Unit Price: $15.00
For climates with colder winters, our floors are an incredibly effective insulator. We found that the use of Emergency Floor can reduce the use of heating fuels by about 20% or $220 / shelter (based on use in a UNHCR Family Shelter). This is because our floors help retain heat in the shelter instead of letting it get wicked away by the ground.
In long term dwelling scenarios, we know that our floors will reduce parasitic infections by about 78%, instances of diarrhea by about 49%, anemia by about 81%, as well as boost cognitive development in children by 36-96% (source). That is not to mention the increased levels of dignity and happiness.
If flooding is a concern, Emergency Floor is designed to be installed over top shipping pallets or sandbags to give families an extra 15-20 cm of distance from the ground. We have developed a custom washer that allows the floors to be secured to any substrate they choose.
|Total Area (Sq ft or Sq meters)||5.44 SF per tile
0.50 SM per tile
|Fire Resistant||FMVSS-302 - <4.0 in/min - Pass|
- City: Houston
- Description: We are a humanitarian product design and development firm committed to low-cost, high-impact products. Stay tuned for more innovative, affordable products in the near future.
- Product Categories: Shelter
- Company Type: For profit
- Annual Revenue: Not Reported
- Office Locations: United States
- D-U-N-S Number: 840935894
- Manufacturing Locations: China, United States
- Ships From: China, United States
- Total products: 1
China, United States