This product has a minimum quantity of 1
DelAgua Benchtop Incubator
Unit Price: $1.00
MOQ : 0 This is the typical minimum quantity necessary to order this product. If a quote request below the MOQ is submitted, we may not be able to provide you with a quote.
The Single Incubator Benchtop Kit, designed for microbiological water monitoring via detection of indicator organisms for E. coli, cholera, salmonella and other faecal water borne pathogens, is the most popular water testing system in the developing world. The Benchtop Kit, for use where the power supply is regular and constant, comes with an AC adaptor (including 2-pin standard European plug) and no internal battery.
Each kit is also provided with a complete pack
of consumables for 200 plates.
You will need the following items to
- Pressure cooker or portable steriliser or
access to an autoclave e.g. in a hospital
- Methanol (approx 1 ml per test)
- Distilled water
- 1 litre measuring cylinder or beaker
- Clean cloths
The kit will perform the following
Thermotolerant Coliform Count: Thermotolerant
(faecal) Coliform counts can be obtained within 14 to 18 hours of sampling
giving a reliable indication of sanitary risk.
Turbidity Test: A measure of the
amount of suspended matter in a water supply. Suspended material may consume
chlorine disinfectants and require treatment before disinfection.
Chlorine & pH Test: Many emergency
water supplies are dosed with chlorine disinfectant to ensure their safety as
drinking water. These tests allow rapid assessment of chlorine levels and aid
the efficient control of dosing thereby ensuring that enough chlorine is
present to safeguard the supply.
Other Tests: A conductivity
meter is provided as an optional component of the kit. Conductivity provides an
indication of contamination e.g. saline intrusion or sewage pollution.
Additional equipment can be included on request to test for chemicals that may
be of local importance.
- City: Marlborough
- Description: DelAgua is a multidisciplinary organisation focused on improving the health of people and building sustainable communities worldwide. Founded at the University of Surrey in 1985, to design and manufacture portable water testing kits, DelAgua now also supply water testing equipment and laboratory supplies to major aid agencies, governments and academic institutions in over 150 countries globally.
- Product Categories: Kits, Water & Sanitation
- Company Type: For profit
- Annual Revenue: $2,000,000 - $9,999,999
- Office Locations: Bahamas, India, Rwanda, United Kingdom
- Manufacturing Locations: Netherlands, United Kingdom
- Ships From: United Kingdom
- Total products: 32
case by case
case by case