This product has a minimum quantity of 1
DelAgua Bacteriological Test Kit No. 1
Unit Price: $2.00
MOQ : 0 This is the typical minimum quantity necessary to order this product. If a quote request below the MOQ is submitted, we may not be able to provide you with a quote.
The Bacteriological Kit No. 1 was originally put together for UNICEF and is being used across the world as a solution to water testing challenges. It includes The Single Incubator Oxfam-DelAgua Kit which was designed for microbiological water monitoring via detection of indicator organisms such as E. coli, salmonella and other faecal water borne pathogens. It is the most popular portable water testing system in the developing world; built with an internal battery, it is capable of up to 5 incubation cycles between recharges.
You will need the following items to start testing:
- Pressure cooker/portable steriliser or access to an autoclave e.g. in a hospital.
- Methanol (approx 1 ml per test)
- Distilled water
- 1 litre measuring beaker
- Clean Cloths
The kit will perform the following tests:
Thermotolerant Coliform Count: The kit includes a portable, integral-battery-powered incubator capable of making up to five cycles of incubation without mains electricity, generator or vehicle power. Thermotolerant (faecal) can be obtained within 14 to 18 hours of sampling, giving a reliable indication of sanitary risk without need for laboratory facilities.
Turbidity Test: A measure of the amount of suspended matter in a water supply. Suspended material may consume chlorine disinfectants and require treatment before disinfection. There are two options for turbidity measurement. The first is via a simple Jackson Tube (measuring up to 2000 NTU). There is also a portable digital turbidimeter with a 0-1000 NTU range for accuracy.
Chlorine & pH: Many emergency water supplies are dosed with chlorine disinfectant to ensure their safety as drinking water. These tests allow rapid assessment of chlorine levels and aid the efficient control of dosing.
Conductivity and TDS: A conductivity meter is provided. Conductivity provides an indication of contamination e.g. saline intrusion or sewage pollution. In addition, this conductivity meter also measures TDS as an indicator of contamination.
- City: Marlborough
- Description: DelAgua is a multidisciplinary organisation focused on improving the health of people and building sustainable communities worldwide. Founded at the University of Surrey in 1985, to design and manufacture portable water testing kits, DelAgua now also supply water testing equipment and laboratory supplies to major aid agencies, governments and academic institutions in over 150 countries globally.
- Product Categories: Kits, Water & Sanitation
- Company Type: For profit
- Annual Revenue: $2,000,000 - $9,999,999
- Office Locations: Bahamas, India, Rwanda, United Kingdom
- Manufacturing Locations: Netherlands, United Kingdom
- Ships From: United Kingdom
- Total products: 32
case by case
case by case